With the recent rise for the need to work from home, cloud services have provided companies with the solution of 3rd party hosting of virtual work platforms and infrastructure. Even in mid-2019, 94% of companies use at least one cloud-based application. Although organizations that have moved advanced workload to the cloud have risen by 25%, from 15.48% in 2020 to 19.59% in 2021, many are still concerned about security which is reasonable. However, this need not be a source of worry if handled correctly. You can read more about cyber threats here.
From data storage and security to Ecommerce, the cloud has automated and simplified business processes while at the same time, holds the ability to generate analytical reports. This means you can focus on core business matters such as product / service development, growth, and performance.
Some of the things you should consider when choosing a cloud service are:
- Ensure your cloud service’s foundation has multi-layered security across data centers.
- Ensure your cloud service’s foundation has multi-layered security across infrastructure and operations.
- Ensure your cloud service can offer a user-friendly virtual office for seamless collaboration during situations that require staff to work from home.
- Downtime is inevitable – Before you engage a cloud service provider, check how often they experience downtime and how long it lasts.
- A cloud service must have the ability to scale and be tailored to your company’s needs.
At this point, it’s no question as to why you should be using a cloud service – but rather, what to look for in a cloud service. Reliable Managed IT companies offer to set-up and customize your company’s process on the cloud. Most will also offer 24/7 support to minimize downtime for your business.
Even if you already have IT staff in your company, it’s important to still consider that certain Managed IT companies are partnered with great cloud services. The right Managed IT consultant will work with your IT staff and provide top-tier solutions to problems before they arise. This allows your staff to focus on growth instead of constantly fixing problems.
What you should consider when looking for a Managed IT company to handle your cloud:
- Your Managed IT consultant should be able to provide KPI reports and efficiency ratings each month to show accountability.
- Your Managed IT consultant should provide 24/7 support in the case that the cloud provider experiences any downtime.
- Your Managed IT consultant must be aligned with your company’s needs in order to keep high performance and low costs.
- Your Managed IT consultant should have established fixed fees and no hidden charges to ensure your budget stays at it should.
- Your Managed IT consultant should have the ability to clearly communicate what they are doing, so you understand the value of the service they are providing for your company.
If you are thinking about your technology or your Managed IT consultant does not satisfy these 6 criteria – It’s time to change consultants. The sooner you change – the more you will save and the less you will worry. Changing Managed IT consultant is straightforward. It can take just 60 minutes. All you need to do is:
- Take 5 minutes to call Wolfe Systems.
- Take 25 minutes to participate in the audit completed by Wolfe Systems.
- Take 25 minutes to review the proposal provided by Wolfe Systems.
- Take 5 minutes to send Wolfe Systems a confirming email.
We will take care of the rest, including the closure with any existing arrangements or relationships in place.
If you want to know more, please call or email us.
Wolfe Systems IT
1300 381 727