User Safety is Key to Business Continuity Planning
Many enterprises have comprehensive business continuity plans to ensure key systems survive a crisis. But protecting equipment and data is not enough… you also need a plan for reducing potential risk for employees, guests, and customers when the doors to your business reopen.
The recent Covid-19 pandemic has created a new norm where “user continuity” has become a top IT initiative in support of new business continuity plans. More specifically, IT departments are taking the lead in helping their businesses address key questions like:
- If someone has identified themselves as positive for a virus (or exhibiting symptoms), with whom did they recently come in contact?
- What areas within the office campus did they visit? How long were they there?
- Are there certain areas on campus (i.e. “hot zones”) that are more susceptible to spreading a virus?
- Can proactive actions be taken to prevent unnecessary contact?
Mist has a unique and powerful solution for promoting personnel and guest safety as part of your comprehensive business continuity plan. It leverages AI-driven analytics, self-driving Wi-Fi, and patented virtual Bluetooth® LE (vBLE) technology to enable seamless and cost-effective deployment of mission-critical use cases, such as hot zone alerting, user journey information, and proximity tracing to help minimize any further exposure.
Data Privacy and Trust
Protecting customer data is mission critical to Mist (a Juniper Company), as is helping customers address privacy compliance regulations. Mist does not require any health information to provide location information or to optimize IT networks. Mist empowers customers by providing them information regarding data processing activities and implementing privacy tools and security features to put customers in control of what data they want to process to optimize their IT networks and support business continuity initiatives. In a time when supporting privacy and trust are of paramount importance to contribute to broader solutions, Mist enables customers to build on the trust they’ve earned from their personnel and guests and help keep them safe while maintaining the privacy they expect.
Key Use Cases
View historical traffic patterns and dwell times for individuals who have reported testing positive for Covid-19 – from the moment they came onsite to their departure.
Note: This is based on the ID of a device, badge, or mobile application. Specific user identities are only associated with these IDs when a) the customer has issued the device or badge using some or all of a person’s name in the device identification (e.g., J.Smith’s laptop), or b) for personal devices, when the end user has chosen to use his/her name on the device (e.g., Jim’s iPhone). Mobile applications using the Mist SDK only collect data as configured by the customer and transmit data directly to the customer – Mist does not process or store the data except for location information.
Quickly identify the proximity of users who have reported testing positive for Covid-19 to other team members.
Note: This is based on the ID of a device, badge, or mobile application. Specific user identities are only associated with these IDs when a) the customer has issued the device or badge using some or all of a person’s name in the device identification (e.g., J.Smith’s laptop), or b) for personal devices, when the end user has chosen to use his/her name on the device (e.g., Jim’s iPhone). Mobile applications using the Mist SDK only collect data as configured by the customer and transmit data directly to the customer – Mist does not process or store the data except for location information.n.
Hot Zone Alerting
Disperse or divert traffic away from congested areas with real-time, location-based alerting.
View trends over time to identify troublesome areas for proactive actions.
Note: This is done based on quantity of devices and their locations, not based on individual identities
The Mist Solution
The Mist Solution consists of the following elements:
- Access Points: The Mist family of access points support standards-based Wi-Fi, vBLE, and IoT to help locate and interact with individuals and devices.
- Mist Cloud Services – Mist’s Wi-Fi Assurance, User Engagement, and Asset Visibility services enable basic user continuity services, such as zone-based analytics and real-time reporting on hot zones by leveraging Wi-Fi and Bluetooth LE. With Mist’s Premium Analytics Service, customers can benefit from user journey reports (either via connected Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Badges, or Mobile apps), Contact tracing reports as well as Compliance reports on whether areas with prescribed capacity utilization were actually followed. In addition, given the focus on hygiene, customers can also track areas where cleaners have gone during off hours to ensure all areas of the building have been visited by the cleaning team.
- Ecosystem – Mist has an open SDK to easily integrate the above capabilities with 3rd party applications to assist with contact tracing. By leveraging standards-based vBLE, the Mist solution seamlessly works with Apple, Google, and other devices using standard BLE beacons. In addition, Mist has a wide array of BLE partners for integration with 3rd party tags, wayfinding solutions, and messaging platforms.
Find the original article here via Mist website
[Wolfe Systems are a partner to JUNIPER and we have permission to use their content]
Wolfe Systems is a Business Technology Solution provider. Our offerings are tailored to our clients requirements, as we believe Technology is a tool that should be harnessed to assist businesses to achieve their goals. Find out how we can help you today. Contact us now!